With its method based on scientific research and carefully adapted to the different stages of childhood, Babylangues has become France's leading specialist in early language acquisition and revolutionised the way children learn languages through interactive activities taking place in their homes. Acclaimed by linguists and extensively covered in prestigious media outlets (BBC, NPR, TF1, etc.), Babylangues is recruiting Anglophone instructors throughout the year.
No prior teaching credentials are required to become a Babylangues instructor, as all instructors are fully trained and provided with extensive pedagogical material upon joining the company. Over the course of their sessions, instructors introduce children to a range of fun activities (singing, dancing, drawing, etc.) and acquire invaluable professional skills. Furthermore, working with a French family is a great chance for instructors to improve their French and gain a first-hand insight into French culture.
From September 2015 Babylangues will also offer teaching sessions for teenagers and adults.
LOCATION: Paris - Lyon - Marseille - Bordeaux - Nantes - Lille - Toulouse - Montpellier - Nice - Rennes - Grenoble - Tours - La Rochelle - Aix-en-Provence - Strasbourg - Poitiers - Angers
STARTING DATE: September 2015 and throughout the year
WORKING HOURS: Flexible work to fit in around studies or other commitments, generally during the after-school period, and/or all-day Wednesdays and Saturdays
Become part of a youthful, dynamic and international team!
As an instructor at Babylangues, you will:
• Work with children and share your passion for languages
• Receive training in Babylangues' methodology, acquire skills and discover a new way of teaching
• Improve your understanding of French culture by meeting French families
• Join a wide community of highly qualified language instructors and make friends from all over the world
• Flexible hours to suit availabilities: 5 to 25 hours per week
• French part-time open-ended contract (CDI)
• Positions in accordance with your home address or place of study
• Competitive pay rates : 10,45-16,50€ NET per hour:
€16.50 net/hour (21.50 before tax) for qualified teaching sessions (1h30) in Central Paris.
€10.45 net/hour (12.80 before tax) for after-school sessions (min 2h30) in Central Paris.
• Free French Classes
• Free mobile phone
• Free Vélib' pass (bike service)
• Help settling into life in France (accommodation, French bank account, French social security, CAF/APL)
• Invitations to social events and cultural outings with French native speakers
• Discounts on holidays and outings
• English as a mother tongue, or very strong proficiency in English
• Aged 18 years old minimum
• EU citizen or with a valid working or student visa
• Experience working with young children
• Conscientious, dynamic, creative
• Arts or sports skills would be a plus
• No level of French required
• No teaching experience needed
Applying to become a Babylangues Instructor is very straightforward. Just take a couple minutes to fill in the application form below, and you will be contacted with a response within 48 hours.
APPLICATION FORM: http://job-in-france.babylangues.com/p/apply.html